Mother’s Day Gift – GiveawayPosted: May 10, 2012
After just 3 months of blogging (and no previous blogging experience), I have…
– over 16,000 total page views across all posts and pages
– over 155 total post likes across all posts
– over 130 total comments across all posts and pages
– 55 WordPress blog subscribers
How blogging effected my other social media endeavors:
– 166 additional Twitter followers
– 79 additional Facebook page followers
– 18 additional Pinterest followers
What I’ve learned so far.
– The WordPress blogging community is extremely caring and supportive.
– Following other bloggers that I admire and/or have the same interests is very helpful. Seeing what others blogged about helped me understand what I wanted to focus on in my blog.
– Adding thoughtful and constructive comments to other blogs that interested me shows my support and appreciation to other bloggers.
– Answering comments on my own blog is very important to show that I am engaged with my readers.
– Liking blog posts shows other bloggers that I loved reading their post. I smiled a little after every “like” I got. Wouldn’t you want to do the same for another blogger?
– Keeping the spam filter on my blog is quite important. It has already blocked over 5,000 spam comments.
– Using StumbleUpon, Reddit, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest really helped create a larger audience for my blog.
– Decide on a general theme for a blog and stick to it. The theme I decided on is art.
– Most importantly, when creating content, I did my best to post topics, images and thoughts I felt were truly interesting. Good content keeps readers coming back.
As a special thank you to the blogging community, I’ve created an original “Mothers Day” inspired illustration which I’d like to share with everyone, to use as you see fit. It is my sincere hope that you’ll share this with your mother or someone in your life that’s just as special. I only ask that my signature be kept on the image, and that if the image is used on the web, a link back to my blog is provided. I’ve really enjoyed my blogging experience so far, and this is my own way of saying thanks to all of you for making it possible!
Download the full resolution image to use (sizing for a 4in x 5in card)