What would I do with a $640m lottery win? Buy a Bond villain level volcano lair.Posted: March 30, 2012
That’s right, I would purchase a secluded island with a dormant volcano on it, hollow out the volcano, and build a gorgeously architected home inside. The most notable feature of this volcano home? accessible by water entry.
Please understand that my fiance and I are both huge geeks and have spoken at length what would be in our dream home quite a lot. The only way we see of funding this extravagance is winning the lottery. So here’s to possibly winning it big!
The key features we want to include:
- Hidden front water entry (this is the essence of the bond villain lair), which will only be visible if the person who wishes to enter finds a hidden button that will open the surrounding rocks to an underground hot spring after scanning your finger print.
- Once you get underground, there will be direct water access for a sub, plus laboratory and workshop space.
- One main elevator that runs up the center of the dormant volcano, which will allow you to access the many floors (at least 7).
- Each floor is one large circular open space surrounding the elevator.
- Each floor in the lair will be listed in the elevator bank, except one hidden floor with a secret entry.
- Hidden roof helicopter pad, which will only open when a special code is entered over a secure radio signal. The roof also includes an observation deck where the giant laser pops out.
- Humongous fish tank with many exotic fish, including sharks (this may even be a dedicated floor.
- One floor would absolutely be a dedicated fully stocked library.
- One of the book stacks in the library would be a secret entry way to another room on that same floor.
- There would be several large paintings on each floor which would open up to other hidden rooms.
- Entire floor that’s a drive in garage (with many awesome classic cars).
- Entire floor that’s an armory/combat training center.
- Entire floor that’s our dedicated data center.
- Entire floor for my personal art studio.
I’d love to know what crazy schemes all of you out there have come up with for how you’d spend enormous lottery winnings and/or what would be included in your dream house. Please comment below.